- Author Bios
- Blogging Guests
- Books We Love
- Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
- Chuck Sambuchino
- Kara Lennox
- Kathryn Craft
- Margie Lawson
- Other Obsessions
- Publishing With Amazon
- Shannon Donnelly
- Sierra Godfrey
- Susan Spann
- Technology Fun
- This week at Crit Group
- Tiffany Lawson Inman
Most Recent Blogs
- What Is Your Writing Process?
- Enter the 2014 “Worst Storyline Ever” Contest!
- Being Prepared for Your Writing Conference
- Are You Subscribed to Writers In The Storm?
- Novel Diagnostics: How to Tell if Your Book Might Have Terminal Problems in TEN Pages
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven?
- Writers In The Storm Moving Party is TODAY!
- 6 Reasons to Write a Short Story
Category Archives: Margie Lawson
by Margie Lawson, @MargieLawson If you watch NCIS, you know Jethro Gibbs, aka Mark Harmon, has rules. Fifty-plus rules. My next fifteen (or fifty) blogs will feature a different Margie-Rule for writers. [Click here for Margie’s Rule #1: Never Take … Continue reading
By Margie Lawson Big hugs to Laura Drake for inviting me to post at WITS today. I love teaching writers how to create their best, best, best writing. Writing that draws the reader in so deep, that when the POV … Continue reading
By Margie Lawson A huge THANK YOU to the amazing Laura Drake for inviting me to be her guest today! Don’t put BS on your pages! Write back story that is fresh and compelling. Readers need some back story. They … Continue reading
By Margie Lawson and Tiffany Lawson Inman A big lovey Thank You to Laura Drake for inviting us back to WITS. Surprise! It’s a mother-daughter duo blog! What happens to characters when they are in a high emotion scene? They … Continue reading
Margie Lawson is back with another can’t miss blog! AND, a giveaway. Read on! Writers know SHOW DON’T TELL, but some know it cognitively. It’s rote. They know SHOW DON’T TELL the same way they know i before e except … Continue reading