- Author Bios
- Blogging Guests
- Books We Love
- Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
- Chuck Sambuchino
- Kara Lennox
- Kathryn Craft
- Margie Lawson
- Other Obsessions
- Publishing With Amazon
- Shannon Donnelly
- Sierra Godfrey
- Susan Spann
- Technology Fun
- This week at Crit Group
- Tiffany Lawson Inman
Most Recent Blogs
- What Is Your Writing Process?
- Enter the 2014 “Worst Storyline Ever” Contest!
- Being Prepared for Your Writing Conference
- Are You Subscribed to Writers In The Storm?
- Novel Diagnostics: How to Tell if Your Book Might Have Terminal Problems in TEN Pages
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven?
- Writers In The Storm Moving Party is TODAY!
- 6 Reasons to Write a Short Story
Category Archives: This week at Crit Group
I’ll say it right up front – I don’t watch Fear Factor. It gives me the willies. But that’s not the point of this blog. Well, not entirely. I’ve been noodling a new book idea for a while now. Noodling … Continue reading
Jenny Hansen here, popping in to share some topics we’ve been buzzing about behind the scenes at Writers In The Storm. First of all, this is our 500th post. That is so unbelievable to me. Four years ago, when we started this … Continue reading
By Sharla Rae One of the things we’ve discussed in our critique meetings is the tendency all writers have to repeat certain words and phrases. “Echoes” is a term I’ve heard applied to frequently repeated words. Read your chapter out … Continue reading
by Jenny Hansen There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are. ~W. Somerset Maugham Novel writing isn’t for sissies. I know we’ve talked about this before. I’ve even brought you people like Margie … Continue reading
By Sharla Rae Some writers brainstorm on their own, some do it with another writer or a group of writers. My personal favorite is ‘what-ifing’ with my critique group. Along the way I learned a few things. I think the … Continue reading