Writers In The Storm
Join 12,457 other subscribers
Like WITS on Facebook!
- Author Bios
- Blogging Guests
- Books We Love
- Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
- Chuck Sambuchino
- Kara Lennox
- Kathryn Craft
- Margie Lawson
- Other Obsessions
- Publishing With Amazon
- Shannon Donnelly
- Sierra Godfrey
- Susan Spann
- Technology Fun
- This week at Crit Group
- Tiffany Lawson Inman
Most Recent Blogs
- What Is Your Writing Process?
- Enter the 2014 “Worst Storyline Ever” Contest!
- Being Prepared for Your Writing Conference
- Are You Subscribed to Writers In The Storm?
- Novel Diagnostics: How to Tell if Your Book Might Have Terminal Problems in TEN Pages
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven?
- Writers In The Storm Moving Party is TODAY!
- 6 Reasons to Write a Short Story
Tag Archives: laws of physics
World Building: Part 1- Physical Setting
Posted on July 6, 2011 by writersinthestorm
by Fae Rowen I was shocked when Laura, Sharla and Jenny suggested I write a craft blog on world building. Before you read any further, I need to confess something. I’ve never taken a world building writing class. But after … Continue reading →
Posted in Craft | Tagged District 12, Dune, Fae Rowen, Frank Herbert, Jenny Hansen, Katniss, Laura Drake, laws of physics, Mayflower, paranormal, Pilgrims, Rules for World Building, Sci Fi, science fiction, Setting as Character, Sharla Rae, show don't tell, Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games, World Building, World Building-Physical Setting, World Building-Social/cultural, Writers in the Storm, writing, Writing Craft, YA fiction | 14 Comments