Writers In The Storm
Join 12,459 other subscribers
Like WITS on Facebook!
- Author Bios
- Blogging Guests
- Books We Love
- Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
- Chuck Sambuchino
- Kara Lennox
- Kathryn Craft
- Margie Lawson
- Other Obsessions
- Publishing With Amazon
- Shannon Donnelly
- Sierra Godfrey
- Susan Spann
- Technology Fun
- This week at Crit Group
- Tiffany Lawson Inman
Most Recent Blogs
- What Is Your Writing Process?
- Enter the 2014 “Worst Storyline Ever” Contest!
- Being Prepared for Your Writing Conference
- Are You Subscribed to Writers In The Storm?
- Novel Diagnostics: How to Tell if Your Book Might Have Terminal Problems in TEN Pages
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven?
- Writers In The Storm Moving Party is TODAY!
- 6 Reasons to Write a Short Story
Tag Archives: writing settings
Place Descriptions: It’s About Atmosphere Not a Travel log
By Sharla Rae When I first started writing, the one thing my critique partners complained about most was my lack of descriptions. I hated doing them. Only the action and characters interested me. Who cares what color the sky is? … Continue reading
Posted in Craft Tagged Arizona Highways, definition list, Descriptions, Forest descriptions, List describing forests, list describing trees, list describing wetlands, List of descriptions, National Geographic magazine, place descriptions, setting descriptions, Sharla Rae, Word lists, Writers in the Storm, writing descriptions, writing settings, writing tips 16 Comments