Join 12,460 other followers
- Author Bios
- Blogging Guests
- Books We Love
- Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
- Chuck Sambuchino
- Kara Lennox
- Kathryn Craft
- Margie Lawson
- Other Obsessions
- Publishing With Amazon
- Shannon Donnelly
- Sierra Godfrey
- Susan Spann
- Technology Fun
- This week at Crit Group
- Tiffany Lawson Inman
Most Recent Blogs
- What Is Your Writing Process?
- Enter the 2014 “Worst Storyline Ever” Contest!
- Being Prepared for Your Writing Conference
- Are You Subscribed to Writers In The Storm?
- Novel Diagnostics: How to Tell if Your Book Might Have Terminal Problems in TEN Pages
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven?
- Writers In The Storm Moving Party is TODAY!
- 6 Reasons to Write a Short Story
Tag Archives: writing dialog
“The Tricky Part” of writing is different for every author, but hardly anyone is good at both dialogue & description. Laurie Schnebly Campbell talks about the skills required for each, and how to discover where your strengths lie. And, did … Continue reading
Just a quick announcement — Liz Flaherty won the Advanced Reader Copy of Anne Clelland’s Historical, Tainted Angel. Liz, you’ll leave her a review everywhere, right? Charlotte Carter is back, sharing with us her experience as the author of 57 … Continue reading
Writers In The Storm welcomes back award-winning author and RWA RITA-nominee, Shannon Donnelly. Today she’s talking to us about the difference between dialog that is — mediocre, and dialog that *sparkles* By Shannon Donnelly TECHNICAL CHALLENGE: DIALOGUE When I first … Continue reading