- Author Bios
- Blogging Guests
- Books We Love
- Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
- Chuck Sambuchino
- Kara Lennox
- Kathryn Craft
- Margie Lawson
- Other Obsessions
- Publishing With Amazon
- Shannon Donnelly
- Sierra Godfrey
- Susan Spann
- Technology Fun
- This week at Crit Group
- Tiffany Lawson Inman
Most Recent Blogs
- What Is Your Writing Process?
- Enter the 2014 “Worst Storyline Ever” Contest!
- Being Prepared for Your Writing Conference
- Are You Subscribed to Writers In The Storm?
- Novel Diagnostics: How to Tell if Your Book Might Have Terminal Problems in TEN Pages
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven?
- Writers In The Storm Moving Party is TODAY!
- 6 Reasons to Write a Short Story
Tag Archives: writing conferences
by Kathryn Craft Turning Whine into Gold In response to a tweet promoting a recent Twitter submission event, I received the following response: “To put it delicately, f*** the agents and editors. Never pander to what they’re looking for.” (Asterisks … Continue reading
by Fae Rowen My first RWA National Conference was the last time it was held in Anaheim. It was a long time ago, maybe 1997. I had just joined OCC and RWA in February of the same year. I’d finished … Continue reading
by Jenny Hansen On Monday, Laura Drake gave us amazing tips on How To Improve Our Pitching. I’ve got to admit, I was totally impressed. As extroverted as I am, I’d almost rather get a root canal than go to … Continue reading
We’re happy to introduce you to James Preston, author of the award-winning Surf City Mysteries series. James’ wife, Nancy, encouraged Fae Rowen to write her first book. James encouraged Fae to go to the San Diego Writers Conference to learn … Continue reading