Writers In The Storm
Join 12,457 other subscribers
Like WITS on Facebook!
- Author Bios
- Blogging Guests
- Books We Love
- Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
- Chuck Sambuchino
- Kara Lennox
- Kathryn Craft
- Margie Lawson
- Other Obsessions
- Publishing With Amazon
- Shannon Donnelly
- Sierra Godfrey
- Susan Spann
- Technology Fun
- This week at Crit Group
- Tiffany Lawson Inman
Most Recent Blogs
- What Is Your Writing Process?
- Enter the 2014 “Worst Storyline Ever” Contest!
- Being Prepared for Your Writing Conference
- Are You Subscribed to Writers In The Storm?
- Novel Diagnostics: How to Tell if Your Book Might Have Terminal Problems in TEN Pages
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven?
- Writers In The Storm Moving Party is TODAY!
- 6 Reasons to Write a Short Story
Tag Archives: paths of desire
WriterStrong: Is Your Dialog Doing Double Duty?
Writers In The Storm welcomes back award-winning author and RWA RITA-nominee, Shannon Donnelly. Today she’s talking to us about the difference between dialog that is — mediocre, and dialog that *sparkles* By Shannon Donnelly TECHNICAL CHALLENGE: DIALOGUE When I first … Continue reading
When to TELL the Story
By Monthly Contributor, Shannon Donnelly We’ve all heard “show, don’t tell” and there is value in that advice. If all you do is tell a story, how does the reader participate with his or her imagination? However, a book is … Continue reading
What Makes a Good Book Cover?
We’re so excited here at WITS. The amazing teacher and writer, Shannon Donnelly, has agreed to be a monthly contributor! Read on – you’re going to be excited too! Here’s Shannon: The great thing about ebooks is you can keep … Continue reading
Posted in Craft, Miscellaneous, Publishing With Amazon, Technology Fun Tagged belle epoch, book cover, cats cradle, cover art, Della Jacobs, designing covers, ebook, epublishing, fonts, georgian era, Historical fiction, hot damn designs, paths of desire, Regency romance, romance, romantic times, Shannon Donnelly 21 Comments