Writers In The Storm
Join 12,457 other subscribers
Like WITS on Facebook!
- Author Bios
- Blogging Guests
- Books We Love
- Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
- Chuck Sambuchino
- Kara Lennox
- Kathryn Craft
- Margie Lawson
- Other Obsessions
- Publishing With Amazon
- Shannon Donnelly
- Sierra Godfrey
- Susan Spann
- Technology Fun
- This week at Crit Group
- Tiffany Lawson Inman
Most Recent Blogs
- What Is Your Writing Process?
- Enter the 2014 “Worst Storyline Ever” Contest!
- Being Prepared for Your Writing Conference
- Are You Subscribed to Writers In The Storm?
- Novel Diagnostics: How to Tell if Your Book Might Have Terminal Problems in TEN Pages
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven?
- Writers In The Storm Moving Party is TODAY!
- 6 Reasons to Write a Short Story
Tag Archives: George Lucas
World Building-Part 2: Social and Cultural Aspects
by Fae Rowen As exciting as it is to create a physical setting, my favorite part of world building is the cultural aspect. Out of the world’s culture comes the social customs, which can really show life on the planet. … Continue reading
Posted in Craft Tagged Amanda Quick, Building a culture, Building a Society, C.J. Cherryh, Cleopatra, Elizabeth Craig, Elizabeth Spann Craig, Fae Rowen, George Lucas, Harry Potter, Hogwart's, J.K. Rowling, Jack Whyte, Jayne Ann Krentz, Julius Ceasar, Mystery Writing is Murder, Riley Adams, Rules for World Building, science fiction, show don't tell, Star Wars, Star Wars Prequels, tricks to show don't tell, WKB, World Building, Writer's Knowledge Base, Writers in the Storm, writing, Writing Craft 13 Comments