Writers In The Storm
Join 12,457 other subscribers
Like WITS on Facebook!
- Author Bios
- Blogging Guests
- Books We Love
- Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
- Chuck Sambuchino
- Kara Lennox
- Kathryn Craft
- Margie Lawson
- Other Obsessions
- Publishing With Amazon
- Shannon Donnelly
- Sierra Godfrey
- Susan Spann
- Technology Fun
- This week at Crit Group
- Tiffany Lawson Inman
Most Recent Blogs
- What Is Your Writing Process?
- Enter the 2014 “Worst Storyline Ever” Contest!
- Being Prepared for Your Writing Conference
- Are You Subscribed to Writers In The Storm?
- Novel Diagnostics: How to Tell if Your Book Might Have Terminal Problems in TEN Pages
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven?
- Writers In The Storm Moving Party is TODAY!
- 6 Reasons to Write a Short Story
Tag Archives: fighting
Do Your Characters Fight in a Way That Advances Your Story?
by Jenny Hansen Today we’re going to open a discussion here at WITS about how your characters fight. Some of my posse from More Cowbell, who also hang out here, have heard the terms “dirty” and “clean” fighting. Those of … Continue reading
Posted in Craft Tagged character, conflict, fighting, Jenny Hansen, relationships, Writers in the Storm, writing 25 Comments
Add Conflict to your Story with a Down & Dirty Fight
by Jenny Hansen Happy Wednesday, y’all! I’m looking forward to hearing Linda O. Johnston, one of our new bloggers, talk about “What Makes a Great Mystery” for this week’s Sensational Summer Friday. Today we’re going to talk about Dirty Fighting. … Continue reading