Writers In The Storm
Join 12,457 other subscribers
Like WITS on Facebook!
- Author Bios
- Blogging Guests
- Books We Love
- Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
- Chuck Sambuchino
- Kara Lennox
- Kathryn Craft
- Margie Lawson
- Other Obsessions
- Publishing With Amazon
- Shannon Donnelly
- Sierra Godfrey
- Susan Spann
- Technology Fun
- This week at Crit Group
- Tiffany Lawson Inman
Most Recent Blogs
- What Is Your Writing Process?
- Enter the 2014 “Worst Storyline Ever” Contest!
- Being Prepared for Your Writing Conference
- Are You Subscribed to Writers In The Storm?
- Novel Diagnostics: How to Tell if Your Book Might Have Terminal Problems in TEN Pages
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven?
- Writers In The Storm Moving Party is TODAY!
- 6 Reasons to Write a Short Story
Tag Archives: dialogue tags
Writing a Deeper Story
Posted on June 20, 2011 by writersinthestorm
By Laura Drake ANNOUNCEMENT: Writers in the Storm is kicking off the summer with a series of guest blogs and we are so excited! First in our Summer Line-up is social media guru, Kristen Lamb. Not only is she the … Continue reading →
Posted in Craft, Inspiration | Tagged Are You There Blog It's Me Writer, Craft, dialog, dialogue tags, editing, fiction, guest bloggers, Kristen Lamb, Laura Drake, Margie Lawson, Sharla Rae, show don't tell, social media guru, tricks to show don't tell, We Are Not Alone, write a deeper story, Writer's Guide to Social Media, Writers in the Storm, writing, Writing Craft, writing lessons | 9 Comments
Dialogue Tags: How to Kill Off Some Of The Little Buggers
Posted on February 10, 2011 by writersinthestorm
by Sharla Rae In Laura Drake’s recent blog My Editing Peeves, here at WITS, she points out dialogue tags. I have to agree that too many “saids” on a page or even in a chapter are annoying. Sure there are … Continue reading →
Posted in Craft | Tagged dialogue tags, Sharla Rae, show don't tell, Writing Craft | 20 Comments