Join 12,460 other followers
- Author Bios
- Blogging Guests
- Books We Love
- Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
- Chuck Sambuchino
- Kara Lennox
- Kathryn Craft
- Margie Lawson
- Other Obsessions
- Publishing With Amazon
- Shannon Donnelly
- Sierra Godfrey
- Susan Spann
- Technology Fun
- This week at Crit Group
- Tiffany Lawson Inman
Most Recent Blogs
- What Is Your Writing Process?
- Enter the 2014 “Worst Storyline Ever” Contest!
- Being Prepared for Your Writing Conference
- Are You Subscribed to Writers In The Storm?
- Novel Diagnostics: How to Tell if Your Book Might Have Terminal Problems in TEN Pages
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven?
- Writers In The Storm Moving Party is TODAY!
- 6 Reasons to Write a Short Story
Tag Archives: C.J. Cherryh
by Fae Rowen Long, long ago Laura Drake wrote about the ten (or so) books she would want for “entertainment purposes” on a deserted island. You can read it here. I loved the idea of trying to narrow my selection to only … Continue reading
by Fae Rowen As exciting as it is to create a physical setting, my favorite part of world building is the cultural aspect. Out of the world’s culture comes the social customs, which can really show life on the planet. … Continue reading