- Author Bios
- Blogging Guests
- Books We Love
- Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
- Chuck Sambuchino
- Kara Lennox
- Kathryn Craft
- Margie Lawson
- Other Obsessions
- Publishing With Amazon
- Shannon Donnelly
- Sierra Godfrey
- Susan Spann
- Technology Fun
- This week at Crit Group
- Tiffany Lawson Inman
Most Recent Blogs
- What Is Your Writing Process?
- Enter the 2014 “Worst Storyline Ever” Contest!
- Being Prepared for Your Writing Conference
- Are You Subscribed to Writers In The Storm?
- Novel Diagnostics: How to Tell if Your Book Might Have Terminal Problems in TEN Pages
- Writing Contests — Hell or Heaven?
- Writers In The Storm Moving Party is TODAY!
- 6 Reasons to Write a Short Story
Category Archives: Bumps & Bruises on the Road to Publication
By Nalini Akolekar For those of you who don’t know me, I started my publishing career back in the Stone Age as an editorial assistant at Silhouette Books. I loved my job and was strongly encouraged to stay in the field, … Continue reading
by Susan Squires Whether you’re just starting out or under contract, being productive isn’t easy. There isn’t enough time. Or enough space. Or enough quiet. Or enough organized thinking. There isn’t enough something, always. How many times have you heard … Continue reading
By Orly Konig-Lopez Querying authors know the feeling: Your email pings with an incoming message. It’s from one of the agents who requested your manuscript. Your heart beats in your ears, you close one eye, tilt your head to a … Continue reading
By Chuck Sambuchino Ready to send your book out and contact agents? The last thing you want to do is to rush that submission out the door and hurt your book’s chances. When submitting your all-important query to agents or … Continue reading
by Erika Marks Hello, friends! I hope this finds everyone ready for the holiday season—and by ready, I mean totally freaking out! (Just kidding. Well, sort of.) I know this time of year is one during which we can’t help … Continue reading