Most Recent Blogs
- What’s the Visual? Adding Power To Your Writing.
- An Inside Look at Today’s Book Reviewers
- Why We (and Our Characters) Fall in Love: Part Four
- Ten Keys to Publishing Success and Survival, Part 2
- Ten Keys to Success & Survival in The Romance Industry
- WriterStrong – Creating Nail-Biting Suspense
- WHO WILL YOU TRUST? Wills in Author Estate Planning
- Writer Quotes at Starbucks
Tag Archives: publishing
Writers In The Storm is delighted to welcome Romance and Women’s Fiction author Jane Porter in the first of a two-part blog on success and survival. I first gave this workshop in February 2004, and boy has this industry changed … Continue reading
By Shannon Donnelly When I first started writing, I found out you needed a synopsis to submit to agents. Okay, I thought, I can do that. Well, I did, but not so well—twenty pages later I had a synopsis that … Continue reading
by Orly Konig-Lopez When the idea of writing morphed into a dream to get published, I quickly realized I had a lot to learn. I sought out writing organizations that would provide the opportunity to meet other, hopefully like-minded, writers. … Continue reading
Beta readers bumped my manuscript from okay to publishable. What did these beta readers do?
by Laura Drake It’s been about two months since I wrote my post about writing two books at the same time (you can read it here.) The only thing I’d change about my original advice is, do not work on … Continue reading